Event: 100m and 200m
Date of Birth: 28th December 1986
Club: Birchfield Harriers
Coach: Tony Hadley
Goal: To compete and represent Great Britain in London 2012 Olympics and beyond. In addition to inspire people never to give up and work hard for what you want in life.
Julian was a highly talented young athlete winning age group championships. Since then he has suffered career threatening injuries and life threatening illnesses.
After rehabilitation last winter Julian began to show some of his potential at the end of the season on 2009 and is looking forward to continuing to get back to his best and challenge for senior honours throughout 2011 and London 2012. Within his first season back Julian is already ranked within top 10 of the UK.
- 2004 Double Commonwealth Youth Champion 200m 4×100
- 2005 European Junior silver medalist 200m
- 2003 World junior finalist 200m
- 2003 AAA U17 & U20 Champion 200m
- 2003 and 2005 Ranked 2nd in Europe for junior age group
- 2005 Ranked 5th world for junior age group
- 2005 BACYA Awards Winner
- 2005 Midland’s sportsman nominated
- 4x English school Track and Field champion and record holder ‘01, ‘02, ‘04, ‘05
- 5x MCAA Track and Field champion 100m & 200m ‘02, ‘03, ‘04, ‘05
- 2006-2008 University of Birmingham Sport Scholar
- 2007 England U23 Championships 4th